Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Bumps in the Road


Just when you think all is moving along a bump in the road well 2 as a matter of fact. The good news is the CCAA has received our dossier and has begun to process it. The bad news is they misplaced my authenticated birth certificate somewhere. Fortunately when I got our certificates in March I ordered two because they are difficult to get. It is already on it's way to the dossier preparer for authentication it should take about two weeks to process it fully through the China consulate. Pam at HAS was wonderful and reassuring that it would not stall our paperwork as they have a copy of the certificate and they will continue to move our paperwork along and she will express mail it when we receive it. I know in the scheme of things of all that could go wrong this is minor but any bump in the road is upsetting we just want him home and feel we shouldn't''t have to wait because they lost our document Oh well
Bump number two----- China is taking this H1N1 flu thing very seriously and without the boring details they are quarantining people who have even been remotely exposed for seven days. This news does not effect Steve and I as we will take the chance and hope for the best,it has however effected our decision to bring Olivia and we have decided that she will stay home with her Aunt Margie and her family. Our reason for this decision is that if anyone of us becomes ill and test positive for the flu that person will be removed from quarantine for medical treatment and only that person. Potentially if Olivia became ill she would be removed and treated medically and neither Steve not I would be allowed to go with her. Way to big a risk. I am reminded that sometimes parents have to make the really tough decisions.We have assured her that she can stay home for a few days when her brother comes home so that sweetened the deal. Her Dad has also made vague innuendos about a possible 2010 Disney trip so she is on the mend. We had planned on doing the tourist trip before getting Matthew but now we will go to complete the adoption and come home. Even two weeks is the longest we have been away from our girl it will be tough.
Please send us your good thoughts for a speedy authentication of my birth certificate and moving forward --- All the Best Kate

3 comments:

G. Silva said...

Hang in there! The road to adoption is paved in paperwork mishaps. We've had 4, plus one recent close call with our LoSC. They're not supposed to happen this late in the process! But they do. It's a good thing you had those spare birth certificates. Good foresight!

Wuxi Mommy said...

I remember all those "bumps" along the paperwork road! Hang in there and know that things eventually will all work out, maybe not always in our timing, but always in HIS timing. Thankfully you had those extra birth certificates! You can never have enough copies of everything.....that seems to be the golden rule of adoption:)

Michele said...

On the bright side, at least you know that they are working on your dossier. I have heard of this before and it doesn't usually slow things up. I am sorry about the change of plans with bringing Liv, but is the only decision that could be made. They have put quite a few families in quarenteen recently. Hopefully TA is on its way......