Saturday, August 29, 2009


Today is a very rainy Saturday in our neck of the woods the remnants of a hurricane blowing up the coast. I can tell you the weather is doing nothing to help my mood. I still have been unable to clarify where we are in the process. The adoption agency simply won't answer the question. I have tried every conceivable way to ask the question and they just keep evading the answer. They also seem to think that I can't see right through their evasion. Even more frustrating.Steve says they probably don't have an answer--- Not good enough they are being paid to have the answers if they don't know then who is driving this ship. Even more unsettling!!!! I am having a BTDT feeling because this is exactly how I felt when the wait to travel to Olivia dragged on. I didn't like it then and I don't like it now. The biggest frustration of all is that I can't change it. These are the times that try men's souls Trying to be upbeat but today the pessimist is winning. We're off to see the movie PONYO this pm maybe that will help brighten my mood------ All the Best Kate.

Thursday, August 20, 2009


Well my birth certificate is en route to China beginning of this week Yahoo-------. We are not quite sure where we are the process and are having a hard time getting a straight answer,which tells me no one really knows.One person has said that we are now all the way back to May which was our initial assumed LID so technically this little bump has caused us to lose three months. Others have said our dossier stalled where we were when the birth certificate was lost. If that is the case then we must be pretty close to LOSC. Trying hard to not be pessimistic because if we are all the way back to LID then we will be lucky if Matthew will be home this year, Can't even imagine another holiday without him home. Hoping for the best trying to prepare for the worst. Does anyone have any experience with this and may be able to shed some light Help--- Kate.

Friday, August 14, 2009

We're Getting There

My birth certificate is certified and on it's way to HAS and will arrive Monday. Keep your fingers crossed that Fed Ex is on top of their game. My pessimist is coming through and will not be happy until it arrives in China Keep your fingers crossed Kate.

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Still Waiting

Just when I think this birth certificate thing is all worked out someone says not so fast. My birth cert had left the China consulate and was en route to HAS Thursday 8/6/09 and we thought we were smooth sailing. WELL--- it turns out that the China Consulate NYC now has a new photocopy requirement for every document they certify my document sat on some one's desk for seven days and was returned unauthenticated. For the sake of a two page photocopy we have now been delayed at least another 10 days. What makes me the most angry is that there is no more human kindness in the world or so it would seem. The person who received the document never considered just simply making a photocopy and sending an FYI e mail to the preparer of the new requirement.It's so discouraging that this will delay our travels about a month. Matthew has to wait for even longer due to a two age document.. Our new plan is to send this document on Washington DC and have it hand carried by a courier which should accomplish the certification in about five days. By the time this is all done this one paper will have cost us 200 dollars to authenticate. Unbelievable!!!!! Today is one of those days where I feel like this will never happen and someone is playing a really nasty joke. I am hoping to be able to post some positive news soon Kate