Sunday, August 9, 2009

Still Waiting


Just when I think this birth certificate thing is all worked out someone says not so fast. My birth cert had left the China consulate and was en route to HAS Thursday 8/6/09 and we thought we were smooth sailing. WELL--- it turns out that the China Consulate NYC now has a new photocopy requirement for every document they certify my document sat on some one's desk for seven days and was returned unauthenticated. For the sake of a two page photocopy we have now been delayed at least another 10 days. What makes me the most angry is that there is no more human kindness in the world or so it would seem. The person who received the document never considered just simply making a photocopy and sending an FYI e mail to the preparer of the new requirement.It's so discouraging that this will delay our travels about a month. Matthew has to wait for even longer due to a two age document.. Our new plan is to send this document on Washington DC and have it hand carried by a courier which should accomplish the certification in about five days. By the time this is all done this one paper will have cost us 200 dollars to authenticate. Unbelievable!!!!! Today is one of those days where I feel like this will never happen and someone is playing a really nasty joke. I am hoping to be able to post some positive news soon Kate

2 comments:

AwesomeCloud and family said...

That's so frustrating! I hope nothing else goes wrong. Yet another reason to not be enamored with government bureaucrats...

Wuxi Mommy said...

Oh my goodness...that's so upsetting! We used a courier service for our authentication, and it definately sped up the process tremendously. I know there are so many unexpected twists and turns on this road that you almost feel like you're losing your sanity til you finally get to China! Hang in there. I thought we would never get there, either, but it was sooo worth it in the end.