Sunday, August 10, 2008

Summer Family Fun




We spent the day yesterday at John and Alice's house for a family bbque complete with a recipe smackdown. The food was great as was the company.The kids (alot of them( had a great time in the pool and were only out for  long enough to quickly eat. Olivia had a wonderful time playing with her cousin Connor as well as swimming with all her cousins. Our family from California were in town and it is always great to see them. Their oldest son James begins NYU in the fall he is a credit to his parents and I know they are very proud of him. For the recipe contest I made Grammie's famous crumbcake and we were in a  three way tie for third place. This was the first time I had I had seen many of my family members since the most recent adoption news. It is always wonderful to feel their love and support for us. I am always reminded how many people are also invested in our journey, and how much we appreciate everyone's encouragement. I'll end with some pictures of the day. Enjoy the rest of the summer.

2 comments:

moe said...

Great pictures!! I am glad that george and I were able to make the party-even for a short time! It was great to see everyone- especially family from far away places!!

dwayne and melanie said...

I commend your agency for shooting straight with you so that you can move on. I will keep my prayers us for you! Your baby is out there somewhere, just like kaylee is. We just have to keep our eyes on Jesus and He will get us there!