Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Moving Right Along

Our Letter of Intent and a list of medical and educational resources is on it's way to China. The letter is our formal request to the Chinese government asking to adopt Matthew and promising we would care for him and nurture him as if he was born to us. The resource list is documentation of resources both medical and cardiolgy and also early intervention resources should he need them.
This process is so much clearer and predictable(as much as it can be). As much as I am not looking forward to completing another dossier I feel differently because each paper brings Matthew one step closer to home.
Olivia Steve and I are in full swing planning his bedroom and picking out fun "boy Stuff". Olivia is really into it. She is such a girl any excuse to shop. We have decided on a truck theme with lots of reds and blues. Ihave promised Steve I would practice some restraint and I will but it is hard.
We have been waiting for this joy for two years, I was just saying today that I feel as if a block has been lifted off me. The waiting and worrying and wondering was starting to take it's toll. I know we still have more waiting ahead of us but at least I feel that we have found our son and we are moving toward him. I was on the phone today with our adoption coordinator and she asked me to remind me of our son's birthday. Goofy me started to cry and got myself together explaining that it was the first time anyone had referred to him as our son.I was truly joyful.
I know the months ahead of waiting will be at times difficult but all so worth it in the end. I look forward to meeting Matthew for the first time in China. At that point our family will be complete.

1 comment:

Michele said...

Mom and I check often. Excited that things are moving along. Shopping for ANY reason is fun, but for your own sweet boy....now THAT IS FUN!!
Talk to you soon,
Michele
(home with a sick Em who was sent home from school early)